1. Cargo must be suitably strapped to a pallet base, wrapped and accessible to a pallet lorry for loading. Customers need to advise us before a collection/ delivery if an artic vehicle will struggle with access. Pallets will tilt when lifted by forklift and goods must therefore be stable on the pallet. Collection and delivery must be made from hard standing e.g. No gravel, soil or uneven surfaces. Click here to add pallet and wrap to an existing order.
2. Your item must be within the size specified at the time of booking. Should an item overhang the pallet base or allotted height this will increase he chance of damage and may negate a claim. Mega pallets should be booked if your pallet base or goods exceed the selected carrier base. Should you exceed the restrictions on one of our mega pallet services this can also result in an additional charge.
3. Any damage must be reported at the time of delivery, we recommend clients sign as unchecked if checks cant be coordinated whilst the driver waits.
4. This is not a removals service, for transfer of personal effects please be aware that you are only covered against loss or damage if you can supply suitable proof of cost. Pallet delivery services are predominately for business collections; if using our service for home furnishings or personal effects please check for artic vehicle access and package suitably.
5. Engines, gearboxes, car parts and any item that has contained oil are allowed on our delivery services. However only if fully dry, bunged and lean to the touch. Surcharges may be passed on if your cargo damages other units or if a clean up is required.
6. Any premises where in order to gain access a collection or delivery reference number needs to be quoted or a scheduled time should be adhered to ust be advised in writing with at least 24 hours notice. Contact us if you wish to supply us with additional information for collection or delivery, we will endeavour to pass this information on quickly and efficiently however failures to collect / deliver are chargeable.
7. Prohibited items are as follows: hazardous goods, livestock or other living creatures, drugs, firearms, machinery containing oil, fireworks and compressed gases. For international exports or imports the list extends to include alcohol, tobacco, perfumes, electronics, live plants, pornographic material, radioactive substances and perishable foods.
As a booking agency we reserve the right to charge customers extra should our carriers pass on an additional charge. We will always endevour to fight a customers corner should they feel a charge is unjust. We aim to be open and honest about the way we trade which is why any and all potential charges are shown below in detail.
- Failed collection charge = £20 + vat (Per consignment)
- Failed delivery charge = £20 + vat (Per pallet)
- Pallet and wrap = £25 + vat
- Repackaging = £25 + vat
- Saturday Delivery = £40 + vat
- Oversize charge = Requote based on overhang through the Pallets4Delivery.com system
- Timed delivery (within 2 hours) = £30 + vat
- Cancellation fee = £15 (This can take upto 7 working days)
- Storage charges for un-deliverable returns = £5 per cubic meter per day
- Return to sender charge = The original shipment value charged again